Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common hormonal diseases affecting reproductive-aged women. Unfortunately, it is also the most under-diagnosed.
Causes of Ovarian Cysts:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Dietary factors
- Genetic predispostion
- Cigarette smoking
- Psycological / emotional / sociological influences
What symptoms may occur:
- Abdominal fullness or heaviness
- Pressure on the rectum or bladder
- Pelvic pain during intercourse
- Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness
A pelvic exam or ultrasound can determine the presence of cysts or polycystic ovaries.
Alternative medicine therapies:
- Castor oil packs
- Dietary changes
- Herbal medicine
- Natural progesterone therapy (see shutdown/cleansing section
- Nutritional supplements
- Sitz baths
Linked pages to help you overcome PCOS are coming soon. Thank you for your patience.
This page is currently under construction.